I'm holding by breath as I peek over the ledge of the feriss-wheel's seat. My view is amazing. The fresh air blows in my face. The world below seems no more that little insects crawling in dirt. I wonder if the world always is like this. I realize how much I have not seen. I look at the girl seated next to me. I smile and she smiles back as the wheel turns us closer to solid ground. But the ride is not over yet. Once again we start our way back up. My instincts make me clutch the railings tight, feeling the cool metal makes me calm down and relax from the heat on this hot summer day. The air freely blows my hair around. I feel like a free spirit having know worries in life. Then the wheel turns once more and comes to a stop. The ride is over but, I still remember the thrill of being free. I knew that today would be a day to remember.


5 comments:
This is a great entry, especially for your first one! I can see what your describing in my mind and it really makes me feel like I'm on a Ferris wheel. Also, it's no not know ^^;
Good job, I can't wait for more entries from you!
Your descriptions are wonderful. I noticed that you said "I" and "my" a lot. The title is creative and it matches the piece well.
It sounds really dreamy and a place to escape to. Really good vocabulary, too.
I liked how you described the people looking like little insects in the dirt. When you look at the world that way I always think if there are other things out there that think that we're little insects.
Wow I can really picture myself in this scene. I look forward to reading more of your writing.
Post a Comment