Monday, February 14, 2011

Disappointing Dance

If you read this poem, then you will understand why I wrote this. And sorry to those who thought I was coming. :P

I've planned ahead, ahead for tonight
I know what I'm doing with all my might

I plan to dance, twirl, and sing
Flash around like a diamond ring

I see my future broad, and bright
I know my plans, not wrong, but right

I know for sure what I'm going to do
I know all plans for me and you

I skip right up with hopes in my heart
To let the grown-ups play their part

They look at me then start to frown
My hopes are shrinking, they are going down

Brave up to the thought
Let them have all I've got

I talk to make their choices change
Or at least to put the in a good to great range

But nonetheless, my efforts fail
And  I may  just part or begin to wail

My plans all crash, come tumbling down
And now I'm the one who starts to frown

I turn away, look at my feet
Go to my room and take a seat

My plans vanish, for now I can't prance
Hopes are gone, since I'm not going to the dance

So that means I'm not going to the Valentine's Day dance. Sorry again. I'm going up north.

No comments: