Author's Note: I know this really doesn't follow a basic essays guideline, but it's something I really put a lot of work into. It really has feeling. Sorry if it makes you cry :) It's also a bit jumpy, but it's me….. Since when am I calm? Anyways, I can seriously say this might be the most heartfelt piece I've ever written. Well, that's because I can't stand mush…. I'm writing this note after my piece…. So guys….. Thanks for the comments you left on my blog. You're like family, I can really say I really love (ok... maybe not LOVE love, but like friend love) each of you in a special way. My experience here is a dream come true- let's hope I don't move this summer, I'd love to see you guys again. And make sure you guys K.I.T. with me! :)
Oh yea, I did some things on purpose to prove my point. Like got off of topic and such..... so don't yell at me for that..... :D
Oh yea, I did some things on purpose to prove my point. Like got off of topic and such..... so don't yell at me for that..... :D
From eight hours everyday of my "normal'' life, just one hour makes all the difference. From the moment I step into that classroom, high expectations dance through my mind imagining what I would be doing to fill up a great hour of my time. Would I imagine dragon fights, or maybe yarn; how about a story of friendship rotating around secrets, rumors, and gossip? Just an hour of freedom, to imagine, to explore, show independence, and be proud of what I have done. Just one hour to shine. Only 60 minuets to be free; just 60 minuets to let my mind escape the daily troubles of school. Just an hour of "Johnson's Seventh Grade Advanced Language Arts Class."
The first time I stepped into that classroom and searched every pair of eyes that was expectantly staring at me, I knew this class would be a life changing experience. I could see brilliance gleaming in each eye of every person. I expected this class to be an extraordinary one, and I got much more than what I (actually my parents) had paid for. What I have learned is past the point that dreaming extends out to. From being courageous to working hard, my life has changed just because of an hour, just because of a second it took me to step through a doorway. Just because…..
My first steps through that doorway, lightly tapping away at the tiled flooring, had me wondering how I could have ever landed in a class like this. Thinking myself to be an average student, I had simply wasted hours of my life away. In this class I learned I was worth much more than I ever knew. I learned that just having heart to a task makes all seem simpler. I have been able to mature every word of my writing along with my writing skills in this class. I now show much more independence in my writing than I ever have had before. I've pushed myself to my limits to succeed in what I wanted to reach. Just by trying, I can do anything. Who knew I could have changed so much?
Changes really did happen, so much improvement shows in my writing. I now actually feel like I'm working towards a goal. If I try, I can easily interest a writer in a piece of my work. Just a few lines can hook on my readers and audience. I can just hear the applauses now; the applauses echoing with every of my successful heartbeats. Also, I have much more organized writing, but that doesn't do much for organizing my locker, unfortunately. My paragraphs flow much better, I have understandable transitions for each of my pieces. Another one of my main improvements are in writing fiction. Before four months of this class, I was struggling on throwing every one of my words on paper in a proper order. My ideas would never come out straight. Now I have control on what I want and where I want it. Time went by much faster than I had thought, but I can surely say, my time was spent well and in worthy ways.
I just wish there was more time than just a few more days left. I hope I'll be here still next year, there is so much I would like to ask and learn. So many places I could improve in. If I had more time, I'd for sure try to work out my transitions. Also, I might want to sort out my priorities, but that doesn't apply to this class in any which way possible……. Anyways, if you might have just noticed, I also should try on focusing on a certain task. I get so bored easily…..that's why a yap so much! If I did that, you guys would have to throw me a party, since I really fail at being quiet! I'm really not focusing right now, I worked on this for like a whole week and it's not working out too well. That's probably another place I'd like to improve in if I just had the time: Writing long pieces in short times. Ohhhh….any mention of time makes me frown. Just a few more days left of walking into a classroom, with smiling faces ready for a new experience everyday. But at least summer is here. Who says we can't still keep in touch, why not.
Summer, summer, summer…… School just ending, a final bell releasing you from every barrier, change in the air! And life as you know it, just keeps getting better and better! Really, the truth is, my learning just can't end there. My life of freedom can’t be complete without this class. I'm for sure going to have to keep in touch with our sensei. My learning won't be ending there either, I'll continue reading and finding new passages among pages to other worlds. I'll still continue speaking my heart, and writing my heart. Just a few sentences each day on a long and amazing story, can also continue my life-long education. Okay, who am I kidding, I'm not going to write. Thank me later for being honest….. I'll still be reading though, and I'll probably write a few super short stories. Otherwise, I'm spending my days at the beach, relaxing, obviously watching T.V., and enjoying a beautiful summer vacation!
Since summer is here, I'll be saying goodbye. Just keep in touch, though. I'm really going to miss everything here. This place has become a home. I spend more time here than with my biological family. In truth, this class is just another family to me. Just because of the first second of a 60 minute hour, my life changed and I found the true me always surrounded by a family of brilliant friends supporting me every step of the way. Dreams really do come true……....

1 comment:
This was a fun entry to read. I hope more people from class get to your blog and read the writing you put here. This is a great school, full of great students, and I want people not to take it for granted.
Post a Comment