Monday, November 14, 2011

Death of Innocence

Author's Note: Does anyone know I love writing poems? Well, I DO! So, anyways here a little poem wrote up for The Outsiders. I guess I'm trying to show the loss of innocence. I even kind- of tell what I'm trying to prove. So, anyways,if anyone has any comment about this or can realize the purpose of this poem (without the authors note), PLEASE POST! :)

Quiet and sweet child walking by
Innocent, calm nothing to hide
There behind, a surprise unknown
Shadowing every path that is untold

A silent attack, bitter and sad
The child no longer happy but sour and mad
Calm they were in a perfect loving life
When hate sprung up and brought on strife

Now everything they see is made of hate
They have passed out of the innocence gate
No longer is everything so perfect and sweet
After, all they see is pain, sorrow and greed



No comments: