Monday, November 14, 2011

Describing A Topic

Author's Note: This really doesn't follow any format ( oops :) ) I think this really is just a whole bunch of thoughts, but it does describe a topic so yea.....


Every pound, every step and every momentum of energy propelled through me leads to another burst of energy. This continues cycle brings me to the place I love: My active heaven.
Every stride of every step brings me to my run.

Some of the time my legs feel heavy when I run. Other times they feel light.
On the best days my legs have nice "bounce" each step feels like a spring. On good days it seems like my feet are not on the ground for long and my feet feel like they are moving in smooth circles just bumping off the ground for a bit at the bottom of the circles.

On bad days the foot lands: THUWMP the shock shivers up my leg right to the teeth and the lift for the next leg (GNGH!) and then the next foot lands THUWMP *shock* ... *shiver*  (GNGH!) I look at the sidewalk and wonder why it's not cracking.

When I'm in the moment, though, and well into a long run, my legs feel strong, yet buoyant.  I've felt  that "running on air" feeling. There is never a time I don't feel pretty amazing after I tackle uphill effortlessly.

Today, during my 2-mile run, my legs felt pretty heavy and cumbersome.  Sort of like the Tyrannosaurus Rex in Jurassic Park.  There were probably some terrified children cowering in a nearby SUV and watching vibration ripples in a cup of water on the dashboard. 

No comments: